Sunday 6 October 2019

One Goal, One Hope, One Ride







Well folks, 

I am at it again.  I am off to a late start this year.  While I had hoped to cycle 100 km for Bracelet of Hope again this summer, a knee injury early in the season has slowed me down considerably. The goal last year was $25,000.  We surpassed that and raised $32,000.  That’s generosity.  This year, my goal is $12,500; asking for less because I will be cycling much less.  I will donate $100 for every $1,000 donated.  Click here to donate:   https://bit.ly/3305CiK



There is something special about this $12,500, however.  It will be the first instalment on our second mobile health unit.  Bracelet of Hope and Solidarmed, a remarkable Swiss organization (solidarmed.ch), are now officially partnered.  Our goal is to have six mobile health units distributing primary care and HIV care to a remote district in our beloved Lesotho in the next three years with the first up and running by January of 2020.  

Together, we will treat 100,000 people in Lesotho. 

Details to follow in the coming weeks.  Suffice it to say that a fleet of these units will effectively end AIDS in Lesotho.  This is why we do what we do; to end AIDS in this beautiful African Kingdom…..because we can!

Click here to learn about Solidarmed:  https://bit.ly/2nLfb5W

Click here to learn about Bracelet of Hope:  braceletofhope.ca

I have my cycling shoes and my winter coat on and ready to go!  Thanks for your undying support.

Anne-Marie

Dr. Anne-Marie Zajdlik MD CCFP O. Ont, MSM
Founding director of Bracelet of Hope


No comments:

Post a Comment