Wednesday 23 December 2020

Short, pre- Christmas post






December 23, 2020.
I am actually a bit nervous. There has been such a build up of dread or apprehension or resignation about this coming Christmas Day. It will be the first time in my life that I have not attended church. They will be locked down. On Christmas Eve, we usually attend a pretty remarkable service at Grace Community Church.......since 1985. The highest point of the entire Christmas season, for me, is exiting that service. Pouring into the street with fellow church goers. Starry night, snowy night, rainy night, foggy night. It changes up from year to year but regardless of the weather, the night is Holy. An annual night of spiritual awakening and joy.
Thus the nerves. My husband said tonight that our lives seem to be a shadow of what they were. Maybe. But that spiritual awakening does not need traditions, hymns, carols or even.....people. It is private and deeply personal. Does faith survive a pandemic? It should. It will. It must.
So far, hope has survived.
So much to be grateful for. So much hope on the horizon. Hang on. As much as 2020 was incredibly difficult, 2021 will be remarkable. History will be made as we conquer COVID 19.
We will have six million doses of COVID-19 vaccines by the end of March.
The Moderna vaccine was approved by Health Canada today.
We are about to start a timely lockdown that, I hope, will keep this more vigorous variant of COVID- 19 out of the country.
Blessings to all of you. I made a special trip to Staples today. I am off next week. What better time to create more youtube videos on viruses and vaccines......science nerd to the end. I picked up some colourful white board markers. You have been forewarned.
Merry Christmas. I will be thinking of and praying for you as I step out onto my porch tomorrow night. My guess is, it will be just as Holy as the last 56 Christmas Eves.
A shout out to Royal City Nursery tonight. I am a little bit choked up. You delivered 45 Christmas centre pieces to long term care homes and front line workers today. Thank you. Mine has already been strategically placed.
Blessings to you and yours.
Anne-Marie

No comments:

Post a Comment