Sunday 31 May 2020

More Groceries Store Advice!




Well. There ya have it. It took more than an hour but grocery shopping is done for another couple of weeks. It's a very weird place in there: no nonsense, line em up, keep it moving, stay back, pack them up and out you go. I watched very closely, from your point of view and mine. From my point of view, there is just no way that COVID 19 is being transmitted in there. I felt lonely in the aisles and everyone was so respectful except the gentleman who pushed himself to the front of the line up outside. Adversity either brings out the best or the worst in people.
I packed up the car and was quite pleased with myself. I had much less anxiety than on my last trip to the grocery store. Feeling quite smug, I was. A few more items to load into the car and.....of course, in that wind, off goes the cart with most of my groceries. No problem. I will just chase after it. Unfortunately, with these big material masks on, moving your head up or down can cause the mask to cover your eyes. I ran blindly after the cart, stretching my neck back repeatedly in my vain attempts to get the mask off my eyes. BUT, I did not touch that mask. No one has ever called me elegant and no one ever will!
Here is what we learned this week:
For the first time in months, the lead story on Global National was not about COVID 19. Being shut in our homes because of a virus is nothing compared to what happened in Nova Scotia this weekend. To our first responders and to the one who gave her life today, God Bless You, God Bless You.
Testing has been ramped up with our COVID 19 clinic testing over 900 people this weekend, most of them asymptomatic. Physicians and nurse practitioners were given the go ahead to test according to our clinical judgement.
The number of infected is now doubling every 11 days instead of every two days.
We have seen a slow swell, not a big surge. We flattened that curve.
Not a single Emergency Room or ICU in this country has been overwhelmed beyond their capacity. NOT A SINGLE ONE. That was due to brilliant local planning.
To the Prime Minister, the Deputy Prime Minister, to the premiers and medical officers of health in every province and to the Chief Medical Officer of Health, Dr. Theresa Tam I just have to say, thank you. What you did, together, was miraculous.
And now, the moment we are all waiting for; it is time to start planning a pandemic exit. The fact that we are even talking about that is a big deal. We can trust these leaders through this next process. Have no doubt about that.
If we can make the groceries stores safe to serve you now, we can make other businesses safe to serve in the near future.
That will be the plan. Start with a few small businesses, watch for a resurgence of the virus, if none occurs, open more. Ever so careful baby steps
Despite all of this good news, this remains a very deadly virus.
There are over 500 people in intensive care units across this country and 1500 have lost their lives. Our position remains the same: stay inside, wear a cloth mask in public. Avoid travel except for necessities. Stay six feet away from other people while in public. Do not steer away from this course until our leaders give us the go ahead. Stay strong, focused and committed and have faith that you will be OK.
It is Sunday so I will give you a little faith tidbit that I learned today. I will paraphrase in the context of COVID 19.
" In order to survive this pandemic, strive to look out, not in. Focus on the beauty that is ever present around you and apply that beauty to bring joy to others "
We are learning to serve our fellow man.
Love it.
Anne-Marie.
Pease share.

1 comment:

  1. That appears to be clearly amazing. Most teeny specifics are using great deal of reputation encounter. So i am attached to the idea a good deal. Tapal Danedar

    ReplyDelete